Hello Lovelies, this week we had an interview with a professional Makeup Artist, Fabio Makeovers. She is quite a charm and also she tags us in all her pictures on Instagram (lol).
Here’s what we asked her, to get to not only know her better but also for insights into the makeup world through her eyes.
Kindly tell us a little about yourself and how you got into the makeup business?
Oladele Ifeoluwa, C.E.O of fabiomakeovers, I’m from the western part of Nigeria (Osun State). A graduate of Industrial Chemistry. So I’m an industrial Chemist turned PRO MUA.
When did you decide “okay, this is it, I’m going to be a professional make up artist?”
I grew strong love for beauty from craddle but makeup was not the thing then, so I dabbled into hair….but found passion for makeup along the way.
What were the early days of your career like and what challenges did you face?
Imagine you make a mistake while you apply makeup to a customer. How do you handle it?
A lady has 5 minutes to do her makeup—what can she do that would make the most difference?
- Neatly carve and shape brows .
- Nude eyes preferably to reduce time on shadow colors blend and transitioning.
- Apply primer, foundation and powder.
- Lipstick and a little glow on (preferably)
And I can tell you she is good to go
What three makeup item should no woman leave home without?
Tell us about a time you had a very stressful day at work and how did you handle it?
What are the 3 things you would always tell a woman to help with her makeup?
- A good and flawless skin (makeup’s best photoshop)
- Using the right makeup products on the client’s skin type (so you have to understand if your client is oily/dry skinned)
- The less heavy a woman’s makeup is, the better.